Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cell Phone vs. The Bible

(Got this from another blogger, thought it was so neat and wanted to share!)

Cell Phone vs. The Bible


Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we
treat our cell phone?
What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?
This is something to make you go......hmm.......where is my Bible?
Oh, and one more thing.
Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.
Makes you stop and think where are my priorities?
And no dropped calls!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget that FRIDAY, Jan. 15th is the day that you need to vote for the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation on Facebook in the Chase Community Giving Program! I cannot stress enough how important each vote is. One million dollars could potentially CURE a deadly disease that steals our children, most before they reach their first birthday. Friday will be one year and one day since my dear friend lost her 5 month old son to SMA, and I hope no one EVER has to endure the heartache I've seen she and her husband have....EVER.

In addition to VOTING (on Facebook - I posted links on the previous post), please commit to at least 3 things YOU will do from January 15th to January 22nd.

1. VOTE: go to http://VoteForSMA.com
2. Email friends the voting link.
3. Post the voting link to your Facebook status all week long.
4. Blog about GSF and the $1M miracle to cure SMA.
5. Twitter the voting link.
6. BE ANNOYING (meaning persistent:) ALL WEEK LONG!

YOU can be part of a miracle...please VOTE!!!



xoxox~

3 comments:

Devon said...

Sara, you are awesome and a wonderful friend! I'm so glad to have found you!

Unknown said...

I happened over to your blog from the Strong's blog--then when I landed here I see you too read the Williams family (Jonah). Small world. Nice to meet you.

Tom Bailey said...

The bible cell phone part reminded me of my assistant that has an IPOD bible ap. You have an interesting blog.

Tom Bailey