Friday, December 4, 2009

SNOW!!!

This doesn't happen very often here! We got snow this week! I had to work that day, and Raia was with me, so she only got to play in it for a few minutes. It was so busy (and chaotic!) at work! I can't believe people were actually coming out in that mess.

Raia was so excited to go out, she bolted out the door before I could flip her hood up!


Finally got her to slow down long enough to put her hood up!


This is the "back yard" at work, about an hour after Raia came in from playing in the snow. I took this right before we came home.


I HATE driving in bad weather.


When we got home, I went to check the mail. I saw something red out of the corner of my eye amidst all the white in the neighborhood (I might add here that our yard was the only yard with minimal snow because we have so many trees!! Raia will be disappointed in years to come if we ever have snow again.) Anyway, here is what caught my eye...

One lonely rose on our brambly rose bush.

I had to take Raia in for her nap, she was exhausted. **By the way, I have figured out our sleep problems (YAY!!!) She used to like the TV to be on for background noise, but when I was getting so frustrated, one night I finally just turned it off, and I had her asleep within 10 minutes. Yeah, that's right, you read that correctly....10 minutes. Talk about a lightbulb moment! So now, there is no TV or radio on at bedtime, and she usually falls right to sleep within 10-15 minutes. This goes for nap time, too.** Okay, back to snow day. Took Raia in for nap, got her down, and I thought I should take Gibson out and let him check out the snow.

I think he is pretty well camouflaged here, don't ya think? He was trying to determine if snow was friend or foe....still undetermined.


I am so over all this cold weather. If anyone wants to send me a plane ticket to a warm sandy beach, that would be just fine with me. Once the temperature drops below 70, I just stay cold, brrrrrr!

Onto the Christmas surprise I promised :)















My sweet friend Jeni, of Jeni Hendricks Photography took these for us. She has always been so good to us. We will be forever customers of hers! I am truly blessed to have her as a friend, also. If you are in our area, you should book a session with her. She is a great woman, mom, friend, and last but not least, photographer!



Ok, I think that's about all I've got for tonight's edition. I do want to add that Nathan and I are doing much better. So thank you to those that have had us in your thoughts and prayers! Things are looking up, and we are looking forward to having a nice vacation at the end of this month with my family!!

xoxox~

1 comment:

Devon said...

I am so glad you guys are doing better...and I LOVE the pics! We got next to no snow, and none of it stuck, boo.

LOVE YOU!