Friday, September 18, 2009

Success!

Well, Raia is officially weaned. I have my boobs back...finally!! YAY!! It has been a little over 80 hours since she last nursed, and so far I've only had to deal with one night of screaming, crying, and pleading. We have replaced it with a sippy cup at night, and believe it or not, she actually falls asleep faster, and no more wiggle-worming all over my lap! Why did I not do this sooner?! It has been so much easier than I thought it would be. My baby is growing up (sniff, sniff!)
The potty training has come to an abrupt halt, much to my chagrin. I guess once she realized what all the fuss was all about, it was no fun anymore. I was hopeful that she would be one of the "early" potty trainers. Oh well. Now she goes and takes the cushy little seat and wears it as a hat....I know, I know....Thank God for Lysol!
In other news, the cookbooks are selling SO FAST! We have very few left, so if you want one, let me know NOW before they are all gone! They are $12 each, plus shipping (if you are out of town). You can pay by check, or go to the Paypal account and pay directly. Leave me a comment, or email me at maynardspet000 @ yahoo . com (spaced out to reduce spam - you will need to retype it all together in the "To:" box.
On Sept. 27th, Rita and I will be holding a bake sale at one of the local WalMarts here in town to benefit FSMA, and to fund research to find a cure for SMA. If you have had any experience with bake sales, or would like to share some tips, tricks, sage advice, please leave me a comment or email me at the address I gave above. Also, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, as we have never done a bake sale before, don't even know what we are getting into. We just need to raise this money, and FAST! We have until the end of November to raise $5000. CLICK HERE FOR MY PREVIOUS POST ON THIS SUBJECT AND WHY WE ARE DOING WHAT WE ARE DOING.
This also leads me to asking for sponsors...yet again. Don't make me beg, folks. $1 per pound I lose...is that too much? Then do .50 cents per pound. Any little bit helps. Over the past 2 weeks I have lost 4 pounds. I only want to lose around 20 pounds, so if you sponsor me $1 per pound and I lose 20 pounds, that $20 that goes toward finding a CURE for the #1 genetic killer of infants and children under the age of 2. That's huge. You can visit Devon's blog HERE to learn more about why I am wanting to lose the weight and more importantly, WHY.
Onto other things.
My headaches are getting so much better. I saw a neurologist and have been diagnosed with migraines. After an MRI and an MRA, and a trial of different meds, we have finally found something that is working. I am afraid by typing this out that I may be jinxing it...I hope not. I am on steroids right now, and the headache that I'd had for over a month finally broke. I can't tell you how that feels. I feel free. It is wonderful.He has also given me a daily medication as a preventative, but I wanted to wait until Raia was completely weaned to try it - it has some pretty scary side effects. That will start tomorrow. I will keep you all updated.
I will leave you all with a few new pictures. I know how you love the pictures!


Raia's 2nd Birthday Cake (Elmo, of course!) There were cupcakes, too.



She got a giraffe for her birthday from Gran-Gran, and she wanted to give it a "Welcome" kiss! My mother-in-law helped her open all her birthday gifts, and they both loved every minute!




Because this is just what 2 year olds do.



My first lipstick experience! Does this shade look good on me??



Gibson - Riding home from Grandma's house...she has the BEST backyard to play in! Lots of stuff to chase and play with, its a jungle out there!

Thanks for checking in!

xoxox~

Raia's cute word for the day:

"Poopons" - coupons (LOL)
She can also say 'credit card' and 'swipe'. Sounds more like "cre-cod", but you'd be surprised at the looks I get at work or at the grocery store when she says this! They all think I'm getting her started early, but truth is, she learned it from me swiping customers' credit cards at work. We don't even have any credit cards!
<3

1 comment:

Devon said...

YAY FOR WEANING!!

And awesome about the bake sale. We will whip this disease.

You're awesome, Sara. Really.