Friday, July 31, 2009

1st Annual Through Eli's Eyes Family Fun 5K

Tomorrow is the day! We have been planning this event for a couple of months now (I say "we", I actually did very little!). We are anticipating a pretty big turnout!
August 2nd would have been my friend Rita's son's first birthday, but sadly, he is not here to celebrate it with us. On January 14th, he passed at the age of 5 months from Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Type 1. In honor/memory of sweet Baby Eli, we are doing a 5K Walk/Run Event. Click here to learn more. If you will be unable to join us, but would still like to make a donation to help fund research to find a cure for the #1 genetic killer of infants, please mail them to:

Through Eli's Eyes
18131 Pagemill Point Ln
Humble, TX 77346

If you would like to visit Rita's blog, click here or look on my sidebar and click on "Rita's Blog".

I have a lot on my heart right now about the 5K Event, and about Rita, but I don't know how to put it into words. Rita and I have become pretty close over the past 10 months that I have known her. She has become like family to me, whether she realizes that or not. Please keep Rita and her husband Jason in your thoughts over the next couple of days, this is a rough time for both of them.

Sorry I have not posted as much the past couple of weeks, I have been super busy with work and with Raia. I promise to post more often from now on!
Thank you for checking in!

Glad Game:
1.) I am so glad I have Rita in my life. She may think that I am the one holding her up when she is having a rough day, but she is the one holding me up. Love you!
2.) I am glad that school is about to start back up, this summer has been crazy with kids in the store!! Ahhhh!!!
3.) I am glad my headaches have been fewer the past few weeks.
4.) I am glad for past life experiences. I have learned a lot from my many mistakes. Too bad I was almost 30 before realizing a lot of them.
5.) I am glad that we were able to get the 5K Event planned and that so many people are coming.

xoxox~

No comments: