Monday, October 5, 2009

A Quick Update

Not much is going on here, just trying to avoid the swine flu as much as possible, I guess. Every little sniffle scares me, and I am always worried that Raia has a fever. Blame the stupid media. I try to keep my composure around Nathan, though, I don't want him thinking I'm freaking out too, because he totally is. I don't think I have ever had the flu, and I have never had a flu shot, nor will I ever get one. I don't mind if you get one, or if your kids get one, just don't make me get one...
I am in a grumpy mood today, I'm sorry if that is coming through in my post here. Raia has been really cranky today, and I can't figure out why. She doesn't have fever or any symptoms of sickness, so I don't know what is going on, we've just had a rough day.
This past week I did a cake for one of my very dear friends. Her little girl was turning 10 and wanted a cake that looked like presents stacked atop each other.


And here is the finished product... (sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.)

How did I do? The little cupcakes that were on the sides of the board were really pretty, too, but they were hard to see. The birthday girl loved her cake, and all of her friends thought it was neat that they got to actually meet the person who made the cake! Talk about an ego boost!
Last week Nathan had to be out of town for two nights. As I was doing laundry one of the nights, I walked out of the bedroom for maybe 3 minutes to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer. When I came back, I noticed blood everywhere. Trying not to freak out, I search Raia top to bottom, and only find a small cut on her finger. She had somehow managed to pull a glass from the backside of the vanity off onto the floor, and it broke, and all the little pieces of glass must've looked pretty! She wanted to play with one of them and she cut herself. A week later, she is still asking for band-aids and Neosporin, and she gets this sad look on her face when she realizes that the band-aid is on her finger. Such a drama queen!
I am still doing a little babysitting for a friend of mine, but we are to the point now where we are just swapping hours. I think she is done for the summer - her swim lessons are pretty much over, so my daily babysitting is over...boohooo, the money was nice! But over the summer, we made some really great friends in these gals. I already work with Kim at the little resale shop I work at 2 days a week, but the babysitting was extra. Her 2 girls are 6 and 2, and her youngest, Madison, has become Raia's best friend. (They were the 2 girls pictured in my previous post about the bake sale in the yellow chair together.) Here is Madison and Raia together, and really, they are the best of friends.

Well, this post has gotten a little longer than I thought it would. I DID say "quick update" didn't I? Oh well...
Thanks for checking in! And if anyone has any ideas for me as far as blog post ideas, fundraising ideas (for SMA) or any questions, please leave me a comment! I know I've got a few readers out there, and I don't want you all to be bored to tears! I might have to steal Devon's idea and do '25 Things You Didn't Know About Raia'...hope you don't mind, girl! That's a great idea and I know my family out of state would love to read it!

xoxox~


Raia's cute word for the day:

This is a two-fer!
1.) "Boo-boo-daid" - Can you guess what that is and why? Our episode last week with the fallen glass and the cut finger makes her want a "boo-boo-daid" (boo-boo band-aid) with.......
2.) "Keem" - Cream, or Neosporin. Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Victoria Strong said...

This is the most amazing cake ever!!! Wow!!!

And thank you for your sweet comments and good thoughts. We need them!