Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Unite For The Cure & Losing Weight!

Just a quick post about Unite For The Cure. Gwendolyn's parents, Victoria and Bill Strong, started Unite For The Cure to raise money for promising new research for SMA. They have challenged 20 SMA families to raise $5000 each by the end of Nov. 2009. I am so proud of my friend Rita; she has been working so hard to raise the money by selling the cookbooks, making cards to sell for donations, we are working on bake sales and garage sales, Weigh To Go, car washes...anything we can think of to raise this money! Please visit Unite For The Cure to learn how YOU can help, or leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer your questions!
Also, Rita and Devon are doing separate programs to lose weight to earn money for SMA research. Rita is doing Weigh To Go, and Devon is doing Pound Out SMA/SMARD. I've decided to join up with Devon and lose a few pounds myself. I NEED SPONSORS!! Please sponsor me for like, I don't know, a dollar a pound? Whatever you feel like pledging. I've only got about 15-20 lbs. to lose, and I'll be lucky if I can lose half of that (boo me), so please leave me a comment if you want to sponsor me. I will have more info on that in the next coming posts, I'm still waiting to see what I need to do to sign up.
Again, I am so proud of my friends. I never thought I'd be so passionate about a cause the way I am about finding a cure for SMA. These precious children have touched my heart and I feel compelled to help in any way I can. Please help me help them!

xoxox~

No comments: